- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed of tough green tops and chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 6 Cups vegetable broth
- 1¼ Cup frozen corn
- 1½ Teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2¼ Pounds pumpkin, seeded, and cut into ½- by 1-inch-thick pieces
- 2 bay leaves
Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until very soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the bell peppers; reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the peppers soften, about 8 more minutes.
Add the broth, corn, marjoram, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, pumpkin, and bay leaves, and cook until the pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.