Fresh Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
These flavors are a perfect blend for three-bean or similar salads. Let your imagination be your guide. And the flavors only get better after a day in the fridge.
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
Add all the ingredients except the oil to a mixing bowl and use a small wire whip to stir the mixture. This will bruise the basil leaves, which will release their flavor. Drizzle in the oil and stir just to blend. The vinaigrette is ready to pour over a three-bean salad. Add some thinly sliced onions to the mixture for an extra layer of flavor. Stores well in the fridge in a glass jar with a lid.