Fennel Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette Recipe
There’s just something simple about fennel and arugula that makes me feel happy. So, if you’re a fennel fan and you like arugula, too, why not toss in some fresh thyme? Oh yeah, and a little marjoram, too. This salad is a perfect side dish for any meal or can be served as an appetizer. Trust me on this one.
She’s a winner.
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced thinly, fronds reserved
- 1 medium-sized red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
In a large bowl, combine the sliced fennel, fennel fronds, onion, marjoram, and arugula and toss gently to combine. In a small bowl, combine the thyme, oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper and whisk well.
Add the cashews to the small bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the salad onto serving plates. Top with orange zest and serve with the thyme vinaigrette on the side.