Crispy Cauliflower with a Twist
The Sicilians make a version of this dish with anchovies and capers. This translation of the dish is deliciously paired with Parmigiano-Reggiano, wheat germ, and raisins. Recipe courtesy of Kretschmer Wheat Germ.
- 1 1/2 Pound cauliflower (1 small head)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons toasted wheat germ, such as Kretschmer Original
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile in the same bowl, mix together the remaining tablespoon olive oil, garlic, wheat germ, cheese, raisins, and salt.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the dish. Bake for 15 more minutes.
Let the dish cool for 10 minutes. Add some pepper and serve.