- Fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1 Cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 5 Tablespoons curry powder
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 1 1/2 Cup dried basmati rice cooked with a little saffron, for serving
In a large dish, mix together lime juice, 2/3 cup yogurt, and 3 tablespoons curry powder. Season with salt and black pepper, then add chicken and toss to coat.
Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, or overnight.
Preheat a grill pan on medium heat.
Lightly spray a large non-stick skillet with spray oil and place over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, cinnamon, cumin, and remaining curry powder; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 12–15 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile, thread chicken pieces onto metal skewers and discard the marinade.
Spray chicken with a little spray oil and grill 12–15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
Remove chicken from skewers and add cooked chicken to sauce.
Remove sauce from heat, stir in remaining Greek yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
Serve with freshly cooked basmati rice.