For the prune purée: In food processor, process 1⅓ cups dried plums and 6 tablespoons hot water until puréed.
Recipe created by Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN for the California Dried Plum Board.
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- ½ Cup California Dried Plums, diced
- ¼ Cup chopped green onions
- ¼ Cup diced red pepper
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons dried plum puree
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ Teaspoon celery seed
- ½ Teaspoon tarragon
Combine the cauliflower, dried plums, green onions, and red peppers in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil, dried plum purée, celery seed, tarragon, and some salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables. Mix well. Let marinate for about 1 hour before serving.