- 2 Pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 Cups fresh chestnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 Teaspoons fresh sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and just tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well.
Melt the butter with the oil and broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, chestnuts, and sage and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2-4 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.