This former British colony now boasts the world’s longest life expectancy – and the Bloody Pearl celebrates both, with London dry gin standing in for vodka and Chinese black vinegar (known to lower blood pressure and cholesterol) and toasted caraway seeds (a remedy for stomach maladies) for long life.
- 1 1/2 Ounce Beefeater or London dry gin
- 5 Ounces Bloody Mary Mix
- celery stick
- lemon wedge
Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 Gallon tomato juice
- 4 Cups Chinese black vinegar
- 1 Cup lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup Chinese hot sauce
- 1 Cup horseradish
- 1/2 Cup celery salt
- 1/2 Cup toasted ground caraway seeds
- salt and black pepper to taste
Method: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass. Add ice to fill and lightly shake. Pour into highball and garnish with a celery stick, tomolives and lemon wedge.