- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 3 Cups meatless ground beef substitute
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 Cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a sauce pot saute onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
Add spices and bell peppers and sauté for 2 more minutes.
Add tomato paste and ground beef substitute and sauté for anothr minute.
Add crushed tomatoes and kidney beans.
Add some of the water to create desired consistency.
Bring to low simmer and heat for about 5 minutes, stirring gently.
Add salt and pepper to taste.