Asian Edamame Salad Recipe
I've made this salad throughout the seasons and it always works well. It's a heathy, hearty salad that can be a great addition to any meal. If you're trying to watch your sodium intake, feel free to adjust the amount of soy sauce.
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 Cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 Cups mixed baby greens
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 Cup
- peanut oil
- 10 wonton skins, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 Cup pomegranate seeds
Combine the sugar, rice wine vinegar, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce and freshly grated ginger. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, green onions and greens.
Heat 3 inches of oil in a small skillet over medium high heat.
Fry wonton strips until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towel and let cool.
Toss all ingredients together with dressing. Serve.