- Cooking spray
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons jarred prepared white horseradish
- Several dashes of hot pepper sauce, to taste
Off the heat, coat a grill grate with cooking spray. Prepare a charcoal grill for high-heat cooking or preheat a gas grill for high-heat cooking. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
As the grill heats up, mix ketchup, lemone juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl.
Set scallops on the grill grate directly over heat and grill, covered, turning once, until opaque and firm, about 5 minutes. To serve, place a rounded 1/3 cup cocktail sauce on each plate; set 3 hot scallops on top.