- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 ¼ pounds Atlantic salmon fillets, with or without skin (if skinless, four 5-ounce pieces)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard, regular or grainy variety
Prepare the grill for direct, medium-heat cooking. Mix the rosemary, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl. Spray the bottom of the fish fillets with nonstick spray (spray the piece of fillet where the skin would have been, it usually has some gray or brown mottling on it).
Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on the top of each fillet. Sprinkle 1 ½ tablespoons of the herb mixture on top of each.
Place herb side up on the grate directly over the heat. Cover the grill and cook until the fish flakes when gently scraped with a fork, about 12 minutes. Transfer to plates with a wide spatula.