PointsPlus Braised Red Cabbage and Apples
Try this eye-catching, easy-to-make braised cabbage for a change of pace from the usual roasted root vegetables and rice pilaf.
- ½ head small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium green apples, julienne
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon celery seed, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon table salt
Put all of the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot. Place a lid on the pot, and cook over low heat until the cabbage and apples are soft, about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add small amounts of hot water if mixture becomes too dry.