Renowned Chefs Team Up with Amex for Centurion Lounge Menus
American Express has announced that it will introduce new premium dining experiences to San Francisco Airport (SFO) and New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), each of which is scheduled to open later in 2014.
Chef Christopher Kostow will serve as the executive chef of the American Express Centurion Lounge in San Francisco, while Cedric Vongerichten will curate the menu in New York.
Kostow is currently the executive chef of The Restaurant at Meadowood in Napa Valley, which holds three Michelin stars. In 2013, the chef was named one of the James Beard Foundation’s best chefs in the West.
Chef Cedric Vongerichten is the executive chef of Perry St in New York City, and is the son of Jean Georges Vongerichten.
Currently, Centurion Lounge locations are open in McCarren International Airport (LAS) and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), with menus by Scott Conant and Dean Fearing, respectively. A fifth Centurion Lounge location is expected to open in Miami International Airport (MIA), although an opening date has yet to be announced.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas