Honey-Roasted Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
In early summer, lush, fat raspberries are ripening here in Sun Valley, Idaho. It’s one of my favorite times of year. The fresh produce is coming on and I look forward each day to seeing what new fresh ingredients
I can add to my cooking at the restaurant. The fresh herbs are young and tender, so it’s time to make a great salad dressing combining fresh raspberries with fresh tarragon.
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped tarragon leaves
- 1 medium-size clove garlic, smashed and finely minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Very small pinch kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper to make the vinaigrette
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put the vinegar, honey and raspberries into a non-corrosive saute pan. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
While the raspberries are roasting, combine the orange juice, tarragon, and garlic in a small bowl and swirl a little to bring out the flavors. When the raspberries have finished roasting, combine the raspberry mixture with the orange juice mixture. Now swirl in the olive oil. Then swirl in the salt and pepper.
The dressing is delicious served right away, while it is warm, but also good served chilled. Keeps in the fridge, covered. Best served within 5 days for the freshest flavor. the recipe is easily doubled if you want more.