Edible Hanukkah Crafts for Kids
It’s the first night of Hanukkah, and you’ve been preparing all day for your traditional feast. The rugelach smells incredible, the latkes are perfectly crisp, and your jelly doughnuts are almost ready when you realize that the kids are bored.They’ve grown tired of playing dreidel, and now don’t have anything to do to get them in the Hanukkah spirit. These edible Hanukkah treats are the perfect crafts to distract your children while you’re preparing the delectable holiday meal.
Each of these snacks reflects an important symbol from the holiday, so it will help your kids become even more familiar with their heritage. As they create their masterpieces, have them tell you what they learned in Hebrew school about Hanukkah or explain the significance of the item they’re creating. This turns these fun, edible crafts into educational opportunities.
From food menorahs to gingerbread synagogues, we’ve found delicious ways to celebrate all eight nights of the holiday. These treats are also fantastic snacks if your kids are hungry before the big dinner at sundown. What better way to feed your kids and teach them about tradition than having them decorate their own edible Stars of David?
Additional research by Allison Beck.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time