The New Menu at This Astoria Sports Bar Is a Real ‘Katch’
Katch Brewery & Grill
Based on what I tried, it seems like he’s done a great job of developing delicious dishes that pack some serious flavor.
Here were my five biggest takeaways after hunkering down for dinner at their outdoor patio:
- The PB&J wings are, in fact, delicious.
- The warm Brussels sprout and kale salad is the solution to any finicky eater’s refusal to eat their greens.
- The art of the traditional baked clam—lots of breadcrumbs and herbs—is not dead (I’m looking at you, Delmonico’s Kitchen).
- You can make an amazing sorbet just by freezing a peach and whipping the inside around a bit (OK, it’s probably more complex than that, but that’s what the chef told me).
- If you are a sober individual, do not order the kombucha.
My guest thoroughly enjoyed a cocktail called Marisa’s Thing Thing, made with Purity Vodka that had been infused overnight with real pineapple and served martini-style.
With fifty beers on tap and menu items like Lagunitas fish and chips and beef sliders topped with mac and cheese to choose from, you’ll probably need to make a couple of return trips to cover all your bases.