Cranberry Strawberry Breakfast Bars
These breakfast bars are easy to make, vegan, and dairy-free. Plus, the kids will love them, too, for those mornings when it's an absolute must to have breakfast on the go. Make a double batch to enjoy throughout the week for a quick and easy snack between meals as well.
See all strawberry recipes.
- 3/4 Cups brown rice syrup
- 3/4 Cups cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter spread, preferably Earth Balance
- 7 Cups brown rice cereal, preferably organic
- 3/4 Cups dried cranberries
- 3/4 Cups dried strawberries
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the syrup, almond butter, and butter spread over low heat until well incorporated. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Combine the wet and dry mixture and stir to coat well.
Using wet hands, spread the cereal mixture in a 9-inch square baking pan. Press down firmly, ensuring evenness. Place the bars in the freezer for about 1 hour. Cut the mixture into bars. Store in the refrigerator.