Cookies 'n Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Kids won’t have to choose between cookies and cupcakes with this cupcake recipe. Topped with crunchy chocolate sandwich cookies and filled with marshmallow crème, this recipe is a winner with kids.
- One 16-ounce box devil’s food cake mix, preferably Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- One container plus 3/4 cup white frosting, preferably Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1/2 Cup marshmallow crème
- 10 crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely broken
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for regular pans and 325 degrees for nonstick pans. In a 24-cup muffin tin, place paper baking cups. Make and bake the cake mix as directed on the box. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Then, remove the cake from the pan and move it to the cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes.
By slowly spinning the end of the round handle of the wooden spoon back and forth, make a deep, 3/4-inch-wide indentation in the center of top of each cupcake, not quite to the bottom. Wiggle the end of the spoon in the cupcake to make the opening large enough.
In a medium bowl, stir together a 3/4 cup of white frosting and a 1/2 cup of marshmallow crème. Spoon the mixed ingredients into a small re-sealable food-storage plastic bag, and seal the bag. Cut a 3/8-inch tip off one bottom corner of the bag. Insert the tip of the bag into the opening in each cupcake, and squeeze the bag to fill the opening.
Frost the cupcakes and garnish each with about 2 teaspoons of broken cookies. Store loosely covered.