Clever Ideas for Wedding Welcome Bags
Whether you’re planning a destination wedding, expecting guests from out of town, or simply want to share with your guest how much the place you’re getting married in means to you, there is no better way to thrill guests than with a welcome bag full of surprises that excite them about your location, speak to your style, and cover a few weekend necessities. Lydia recently attended a wedding in Santa Barbara where the couple welcomed guests with all the right treats. Take a cue from this couple, but adapt the ideas to fit your specific wedding. Here are some clever ideas to get you started:
1. Start with a Box or Bag
This is what guests see first. Paper bags are fine, but don’t blow your budget on this — remember, most containers get left behind in the hotel trash. Instead, think about things they can use over and over again. If your budget will allow you to splurge on a custom-printed tote bag, go for it! They’ll think of you and your wedding day every time they use it.
• Kraft boxes/containers for an all-natural wedding (above)
• Kraft or white paper bags stamped with bride & groom’s monogram or wedding date
• Baggu reusable shopping bags in bright colors tied up in a bow for a chef’s or eco-girl’s wedding (that’s what Sarah did for her wedding)
• A white tote printed with lyrics from your first dance song (below)
• Plastic beach pail
• Woven basket
2. Add Local Flavor
Adding relevant information about the area where you’re getting married will ensure that guests are well-equipped to adventure out on their own during the day and hit up all the right places.
• Vintage postcard welcoming guests by name (our bride made B&W copies of a cute Santa Barbara postcard, above)
• List of great local eats and sites of interest
• Map of the area
• A local magazine (e.g. LA Magazine, Chicago Magazine, New York Magazine)