* Available at specialty food stores.
Nutrional information per serving:
260 cal; 14 g fat; 31 g carbs; 10 mg sodium; 4 g fiber; 4 g protein
- 12 Ounces dark chocolate or bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 Cup unsalted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne or chili powder (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons cocoa nibs*
Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper or lightly greased aluminum foil. Stir chocolate in a metal or glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. (Or microwave on medium for 1 minute, stir, then continue microwaving, stirring every 20 seconds, until completely melted.)
Stir in half the dried fruit and pistachios plus all the spices. Spread chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs and remaining dried fruit and pistachios, and press gently to adhere. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes. Break into pieces.