Once you get past cleaning and chopping up all of the broccoli, this is really very easy to put together. If you're in a time crunch, just use frozen broccoli. I've said it before, but I strongly dislike frozen broccoli because I feel I always end up biting into "woody" stem pieces and I hate that! So, it's fresh broccoli for me! I hope you decide to try this!
- 3 -4 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 Pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup dry sherry
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Place the broccoli on the bottom of the slow cooker insert. Arrange the chicken on top of the broccoli. Place the pieces of butter on top, and season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the bouillon cube and onion. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the mozzarella on top and add the water, milk, and sherry.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top. Cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 5 hours. During the last half hour, add the remaining cheese and cook uncovered. Enjoy.