- 12 Ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup cavatappi or your favorite pasta
- 1 Cup diced zucchini
- 1 Cup diced yellow squash
- 1 1/4 Cup diced tomato
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup chopped basil
- 2 Tablespoons capers, chopped roughly
- 1 Teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat a grill on high heat.
Coat the chicken with the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until nicely charred on one side, about 3 minutes, then turn and repeat on the second side. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes total. When cool enough to handle, chop or shred the chicken and place in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the cavatappi according to the package directions or until al dente. Add to a bowl along with the zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato.
In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, basil, capers, and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil then toss with all of the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.