- Cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup nonfat plain yogurt or blueberry yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups blueberries
- 1/3 Cup sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside. Put 2 tablespoons of the whole-wheat pastry flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and cardamom in a medium-sized bowl and mix together with a fork or your fingers until well combined and the mixture is in large clumps. Set the streusel aside.
Put the remaining whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs, then pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Gently fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the reserved streusel over the top. Scatter the remaining blueberries over the streusel then top with the almonds. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center cake comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Once cooled, loosen the edges of the cake and transfer to a plate. Cut into slices and serve.