- 2 ½ sticks (20 tablespoons) unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large whole eggs, warmed to room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a mixing bowl (if using a hand mixer), cream together the butter, sugars (white and brown), and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
As the mixer continues to run, add the eggs, one at a time, until they are incorporated into the mixture. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly mix in the salt, flour, and baking soda until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the cookie dough mixture.
Using a 2-inch cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.