Think beer pong is just for college kids? Well, you’re not wrong, exactly — the game isn’t exactly known for its level of sophistication, while it is pretty popular on campuses around the country.
That said, there is an actual world series event for beer pong: it takes place in Las Vegas, it costs $500 per player to register (if you register a little last minute), hundreds of teams appear from around the world, and the 1st Place Prize is a solidly cool $50,000.
So while you probably shouldn’t give up on your major yet and turn to focusing on drinking beer and throwing little ping pong balls into cups, you should show some grudging respect to anyone who actually placed in this competition: formerly, events have included over 1,000 participants from almost every U.S. State, and has seen folks from all over the world. Sign up now if you want to get in on the action — the 2015 event will take place the first week of January!
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time