What to Eat at the Serbian Café
When in Chicago, the Serbian Café, officially known as Beograd, is a must-visit. They serve the best Serbian food in the city, and if you’ve never tried Serbian food before, you’re in for a treat.
Family-owned, it’s a great place to get a taste of the old world. Favorites include burek (phyllo dough pastries filled with cheese, meat, or spinach), barbecued meats known as ćevapi, and delicious desserts. Better yet, it’s attached to a deli where you can find high-quality freshly-made meats and sausages, as well as European liquors and hard-to-find specialty foods. Also worth sampling are egg-baked bread called przenice, cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef and rice called sarma, and the char-broiled sausages made of ground meat called chevapchichi. For dessert, make sure you try the jaffa cake, layered chocolate orange biscuits with cream, chocolate and walnuts, as well as crepes.
For a trip to Eastern Europe without even leaving the Windy City, make sure you visit Beograd Serbian Café.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas