Weekly Recipe Review: Nantucket Bay Scallops and Figs; White Castle's Turkey Stuffing; and More
Check out our Editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Seasonal Nantucket Bay scallops need little garnishing in this recipe — just some butter, oil, salt and pepper, and figs.
• Take advantage of the best fruits of the season with this persimmon and pomegranate salad recipe.
• Try this quick and easy caramelized turnip recipe for a bright side dish.
• Spice up dessert this year with a Mexican chocolate pecan pie.
• Local farmers suggest Thanksgiving twists; this steamed spinach and crab appetizer with a mirin and sesame dressing sounds delicious.
• Can someone taste test this White Castle stuffing recipe for us?
• Yam-stuffed apples sound amazing as a simple and (relatively) healthy dessert.
Portland Press Herald
• Colder days set the scene for this winter squash enchilada recipe.
• Start planning what to do with your leftovers with this turkey and cranberry salad recipe.
• Here's a great twist on a childhood classic: bacon peanut brittle.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.