Every Friday, The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up some of the week's big food stories.
• New York City police officers begin ejecting food trucks from Midtown in accordance with a new regulation prohibiting vendors from parking in metered spaces. [NYT]
• The Chicago City Council will vote next week on a proposal to keep downtown patios and rooftop garden restaurants open an hour later during the week. [Tribune]
• Lovers of Chez Panisse can celebrate the restaurant's 40th anniversary next month for the cool price of $100K. [GS]
• Iconic Manhattan restaurant designer and architect Larry Bogdanow, 64, dies. [NYT]
• A new study from the National Cancer Institute shows no correlation between cured meats and an increased risk of pancreatic cancer. [Reuters]
• Food & Nutrition Research publishes a study claiming that not eating candy may be more closely associated with weight gain in children than eating candy. [CBS]
• The New York Times asks chefs to explore how fire affects the outcome of a dish. [NYT]
• Two dogs dining in a busy, high-end restaurant. [YouTube]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.