Weekly Media Mix: Traci Des Jardin's Business Tips; The Martha Stewart Comic Book; and Ferran Adrià Joins PepsiCo
Every Friday, The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up some of the week's big food stories.
• The House voted Wednesday to deny the FDA's request to approve the sale of genetically modified salmon. [Huffpo]
• Giada De Laurentiis will cook for royal couple William and Kate at a charity polo event. [Today]
• The Japanese sushi market is hit hard in the wake of the March tsunami. [Global]
• Eater catches up with chef-owners nationwide celebrating their restaurant's one year anniversary. [Eater]
• Grub Street asked chef dads to share the most outrageous thing they've fed their kids. [GS]
• Lady Gaga's infamous meat dress will be on display at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. [Huffpo]
Shame of the Week
• U.S. Open officials fined the parents of children running a lemonade stand outside the stadium $500 for failing to have a vendors license. [WUSA]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.