Watermelon and Basil Salad
This bright, summer salad includes just a few ingredients but packs incredible flavor. The key is the balance of sweet, salty, and savory components — the sweet comes from the watermelon, the salty comes from the crumbled feta cheese, and the savory comes from the basil and citrus vinaigrette.
See all watermelon recipes.
- 1 baby watermelon
- 1/2 Cup basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Scoop the watermelon into balls using an ice cream scoop or a melon baller (depending on the size you prefer) then place them into a medium-sized serving bowl. Toss the basil and feta cheese into the bowl and mix gently.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to make a vinaigrette. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently, then serve immediately.