The Watergate Hotel
Hotel, Bar, Lounge
2650 Virginia Ave NW (at New Hampshire Ave NW)
Washington, DC 20037
- On June 17, 1972 five men broke into the DNCs office in the Watergate complex. The arrests were eventually connected to President Nixon's administration. Sunlight's full Scandal Tour App coming soon.
- Stupid Forrest Gump. He ruins everything.
- Watergate Complex was constructed on former site of gas manufacturing plant for Washington Gas Light Company. Famous residents have included Bob Dole & Monica Lewinsky. Full site history here<LINK>
- Site best known for political scandal that transpired in 1972. Plot was foiled by security guard Frank Wills who sadly was denied a suitable raise after the incident. Full scandal history here<LINK>
- Scandalous!! But seriously, kind of neat that this is part of history.
- When you go in, ask for Florence - the nicest, best person you can imagine!!!
- Iconic history can be found here. Such a throw back.
- 5 stars for the steam sauna.
- Very comfy rooms. The bar offers very good drinks. Front desk staff is very helpful. The bell captain is immensly ressourceful.Try to get a tour to the "scandal room"!
- Comfy rooms with a garish gold atrium that can be quite stressful when you're not ready for it. Bars and restaurants inside were nice.
- Wonderful hotel with spacious comfy rooms
- Got the room overlooking the river. The room fancy but has poor insulation.
- Brunch here is great and you MUST go to the rooftop bar- preferably in the summer but they do have heaters :)
- The Bitches say: A-. Try Kingbird for a posh, historical setting for brunch with excellent cocktails and service. Don't skip dessert!
- Shopping here is nothing short of a scandal!
- I learned how to place tape on a door lock without it being notice... Just realized how different a world we live in would be, if that mistake had never been found?
- Smells like scandal.
- The one and only.