Warm Chicken Salad
I love how the chicken in this recipe resembles fettucine pasta, and because it's cut so thin, it's a quick and easy dish to make.
- 1 chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise and then each half cut into thin strips that resemble fettuccine pasta
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon champagne vinegar
- Handful fresh greens
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 Ounces goat cheese
- Walnuts, for garnish
Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan until hot. Place the chicken and red pepper flakes and sauté until the chicken strips are no longer pink. Turn off heat, remove chicken from skillet, and set aside. Add the lemon juice, mustard, and champagne vinegar to the still warm skillet and whisk until warmed.
Place the handful of lettuce in a Tupperware container and top with the cucumbers and tomatoes. Top the chicken with the warm vinaigrette from the pan and place on top of the lettuce. Garnish with goat cheese and walnuts.