2622 SE Belmont St (at SE 27th Ave)
Portland, OR 97214
- The Vern gets its name from the sign out front that used to read Tavern until a truck hit it and knocked off T & A. The Thermals describe it as, a smelly beer pub, but everybody knows the place!
- The Vern is easy to hate, it smells awful, the staff is rude and they rarely have a complete set of pool balls, but there is charm somewhere in this dive.
- Drinks are cheap, place is cool, bartenders are insufferable. Nest is across the street and way better.
- Bartenders here pretty much rule!
- Unbelievably cheap beer and billards.
- Mmm... Beer!
- Chicken skin is crispy and yummy