- 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon or rum
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 4 by 8-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas and melted butter. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla, and bourbon. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Gradually incorporate dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Gently, fold in the in chopped nuts.
Pour mixture into loaf pan using a spatula. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.