- 8 Ounces chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 1/2 Pound tripe, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 chorizo sausage links, cut into 1-inch slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 3 Teaspoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon flour
Fill a large pot of with 2 1/2 cups of water. Add the chickpeas and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 1 hour, until plump.
Add 2 1/2 cups more water to the pot and add tripe. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, until the chickpeas are tender.
Add the chorizo sausage slices and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet, and fry the garlic until golden brown. Stir in the chili powder, paprika, and flour. Cook for 1 minute and add the the soup.
Bring soup to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.