Every day, The Daily Meal scours the web for stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Gelateria Fatamorgana, a natural gelateria that makes treats with no additives and all-natural flavors, opens a new branch in Rome to the delight of gelato lovers everywhere. [Parla Food]
• It's erik season in Istanbul — the season for green plums, a sour fruit to be eaten with a pinch of salt. [Istanbul Food]
• In time for Shavuot, a kosher and vegetarian dish that's good year-round: Hasselback beets stuffed with Camembert. [Israel Kitchen]
• Lunch at Chicago's Purple Pig is filled with wine, cheese, and surprise — pig, in the form of pork neck bone gravy. [Will Travel for Food]
• Fattoush and grilled spring chicken make for a authentic Middle Eastern meal in Malaysia. [V Keong]