Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
A quick and easy bruschetta recipe for the cocktail party classic, made with sweet cherry tomatoes and French bread.
- 1 loaf French bread, run under the broiler until crispy on both sides
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- About 1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 box of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch of basil, washed and leaves picked off, chopped
- Diced mozzarella cheese and/or halved, pitted olives, if desired (optional)
Toast the bread under the broiler and when cool rub the garlic on one side. Keep this rubbed side facing up (you’ll put the topping on this side). Toss the onion with the balsamic vinegar, adding more if desired, and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes and basil and combine, adding the optional cheese or olives, if desired. Spoon mixture onto bread. Voilà!