Tangerine Halibut Salad with Snow Peas and Mushrooms
The easy to digest protein in halibut has an amino acid ratio that’s conducive to lean muscle development. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism gets.— Haylie Pomroy
- ½ Cup shredded cabbage
- ½ Cup snow peas
- ¼ cup sliced bamboo shoots
- ¼ Cup diced green onion (scallions), white and green parts
- ¼ Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- Pinch of mustard seed
- 6 Ounces cubed halibut
- 2 Cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tangerine, peeled and sectioned
- 10 rice crackers, crumbled
- juice of ½ lime (1 tablespoon)
In a medium pot with a lid, combine the cabbage, snow peas, bamboo shoots, green onion, aminos, mushrooms, and mustard seeds.
Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, until the vegetables are barely tender.
Add the halibut, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Remove from the heat.
Place the halibut mixture on a bed of greens, top with tangerine sections, lime juice, and crumbled rice crackers.