- 1 ¾ pounds fresh tuna (or snapper), diced into ½-inch cubes
- Juice from 8 limes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cubed
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and cut into thin half moons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
Rinse the fish with fresh water, drain, and place in a salad bowl. Squeeze the juice from the limes over the fish, mix well, and allow to chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Drain some of the lime juice from the fish then add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. 5 minutes before serving, add the coconut milk.
Serve chilled on a bed of lettuce, on individual plates or, even better, in a coconut shell!