Starbucks Menu at Home: Cake Pops
If you love the cake pops at Starbucks but don't feel like going out to buy them, good news: you can make the Starbucks menu at home. In fact, cake pops are one of the easiest items to make on the Starbucks menu.
You can certainly bake cake or make frosting to use for the cake pops but store-bought or left-over versions work just as well and can be a huge time-saver. Start your Starbucks-Menu-at-Home cake pops by combining crumbled pieces of cake (any flavor) and the frosting of your choice in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the two together until it becomes dough-like adding more frosting or cake pieces as needed. Once the dough will hold its shape, roll it into balls and place a stick into each cake ball.
Melt chocolate (or white chocolate) in the microwave, or over a double boiler on the stove. Dip each cake pop into the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drop off. Then, place the cake pops on waxed paper (top with sprinkles if you'd like) and allow the chocolate to harden. Who knew making the Starbucks menu at home was so easy?
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal's Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them