- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 Cups brown risotto rice
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- 5 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons paprika
- 2 Teaspoons cumin
- 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 sage leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
Cook the rice according to package directions. Spread squash on a baking sheet and toss with oil, herbs, and spices. Roast in a 400 degrees oven until soft.
Purée most of the squash a splash of water, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt, and lemon.
Blend until creamy. When the rice is almost cooked, stir in the squash sauce and the reserved roasted squash. Garnish with additional coriander leaves and serve warm.