South of the Border
Theme Park, Rest Areas, Tourist Information
- This place would be easier to find if they'd put up a few billboards:-)
- Its a super tacky tourist destination!
- confirmed. the gum is still on the gorillas butt.
- The surroundings have the makings of a horror film...
- Look for the gum I placed in the gorilla butt when I was 10. Should still be there.
- Take a picture of the giant Pedro outside of the bathrooms.
- Amid the mini-golf, wedding chapel, reptile lagoon, golf course and jogging trail, there's also a truck stop. You can take it all in from the 200-foot-tall Sombrero Observation Tower.
- A fun stop on I-95 thats home to the Worlds Cheesiest Roadside attraction.
- Giant fiberglass animals and a 150 foot tall Mexican....what's not to like about Pedro's?
- Great stop when ur on 95 and looking for a break
- Made our South's Best List! This highway stop has eats, fun tourist shopping and attractions like a reptile exhibit and small theme park.
- Stopping in just because I told my mom about the gum in the gorillas butt. Haha. She wants to see. Classy.
- seriously, all i wanted was a racially insensitive t-shirt and they were closed at 10pm on a saturday night. LAME.
- This is what it would look like if Tijuana & Las Vegas had a baby. Tackiest place EVER.
- Don't get gas here. Travel just a few miles into SC. You'll save $$ a gallon!
- Take pictures! You're at the tackiest place on earth:-)
- Could use some reinvestment. Great property- 30 years ago.
- What began as a beer stand over 60 years ago, has grown into a 300-acre complex that includes a dozen gift shops, six restaurants, an amusement park, a motel and a campground.
- Quantity over quality!
- Its fun & cute!