Snacks From Your Fave TV Shows
For the Scandal-obsessed, this gourmet popcorn is sure to satisfy you while you watch all the scandalous happenings in DC. If you want to be a true gladiator in a suit, just consume this addicting treat with a bottle of wine.
Prep Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 5 min
1 bag unbuttered microwave popcorn, popped
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Sriracha
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Combine the butter & Sriracha. Heat over the stove (or in the microwave) until butter is melted. Whisk until sauce is a thickens slightly and turns a bright orange.
2. Remove from heat & stir in the remaining ingredients.
3. Drizzle the sauce over the popcorn. Add salt as needed. Enjoy immediately but beware! This spicy treat could stain your white hat.
“Fish Sticks” & Custard
Okay, so this bizarre treat may not appeal to all Whovians, but with this sweeter take on the Doctor’s savory snack, you’ll be able to invite everyone from the Daleks down the street to the weeping angels to enjoy a Doctor Who party in your TARDIS.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 min
Total Time: 25-35 min
1 roll sugar cookie dough
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 package JELLO Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
2 cups skim milk
1. Roll out cookie dough. Using fingers, form 3- to 4-inch “fish sticks” using the dough. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs & melted butter.
4. Remove chilled dough. Take each “fish stick” & roll it in the graham cracker mixture. Each cookie should look like a fish stick. For an example, check out Bakingdom‘s fantastic step-by-step.
5. Place cookies on a non-stick baking sheet & follow the instructions on the cookie dough roll for baking. We recommend subtracting about 2 minutes from the baking time on the package to ensure your fish sticks aren’t too crunchy.
6. Combine the instant pudding mix with the milk in a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
7. Remove pudding from heat. Serve warm or chilled (the pudding will be thicker if you let it chill for about 20 minutes).
8. Remove cookies from oven. Place on cooling rack. Serve with the pudding for a delish Doctor’s delight.
Liz Lemon’s “Night Cheese”
While 30 Rock may be over, Netflix is the perfect place to laugh the night away watching reruns on binge mode. With this so-easy-Kenneth-could-do-it queso (there are only 2 ingredients!), you’ll be “working on your night cheese” all night long.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: About 10 minutes
1 16 oz. package Velveeta cheese
1 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1. Cut Velveeta into cubes. Place into medium bowl.
2. Add Rotel.
3. Microwave for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Stir.
4. Eat with some tortilla chips while watching TGS.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: