Smoked Salmon and Leek Frittata Recipe
Smoked salmon, leeks, and chèvre make a remarkable combination. Serve frittata this with chilled Champagne. It’s refreshing and delicious. Santé!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, slivered (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek (white part and 1-inch green), well rinsed, dried, and coarsely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled chèvre
Preheat the broiler.
Beat the eggs, crème fraîche, and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the smoked salmon.
In a 10-inch flameproof skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. When it has stopped foaming, stir in the leek and caraway. Cook, stirring, until the leeks are golden and soft, about 2-3 minutes. Remove half the leeks with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium-low, and stir in the egg mixture. Cook just until the bottom is set; the top should still be wet, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the chèvre and reserved leeks.
Place the skillet under the broiler, and cook until the eggs are set and the cheese is slightly melted, about 2 minutes.