- 1 pork shoulder (aka, pork butt), about 4-6 lbs.
- Garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce jar sauerkraut
- 1 tart green apple, cut into thin slices
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup apple juice or apple cider
Season your pork shoulder liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder on all sides.
Add pork shoulder to your slow cooker.
Using a large kitchen strainer, drain the water from your sauerkraut. (If you want a less sour flavor in your final meal, feel free to rinse the kraut with water.)
Add sauerkraut to slow cooker.
Add thinly-sliced green apple and onion to the slow cooker.
Add brown sugar and apple juice (or cider) to slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
Pork is done when it easily falls off the bone and shreds.
Serve hot with crusty bread.