Simple Tzatziki Recipe
This easy, Greek-inspired tzatziki recipe works as a dipping sauce on a platter filled with hummus, babaganoush, and grape leaves or as a dressing for a grilled shrimp, lamb, or chicken pita. While I use nonfat Greek yogurt, you're welcome to use full fat (though I promise you don't sacrifice too much in taste in this recipe). Wrapped in an airtight container, it should last about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- One 16-ounce container of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- ½ large cucumber or 1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
- Zest of ¼ lemon and juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Taste and reseason as necessary.