Simple Summer Ceviche Recipe
The perfect summer starter or side, this easy-to-make ceviche is ideal for large groups trying to beat the heat. Goes great with tortilla chips.
Try some of these ceviche recipes before the summer ends.
- ½ pound raw scallops, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- ½ pound raw shrimp, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- Juice of ½ orange
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced (be sure to wear gloves, or thoroughly wash your hands after touching the peppers)
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
In a bowl, combine the scallops and shrimp; add the juice of the orange, lemon, and lime then mix with a spoon to evenly coat the meat. Refrigerate for 2 hours*, stirring the mixture occasionally to coat all the pieces of shrimp and scallop in the bowl.
While the shrimp and scallop mixture is in the refrigerator, combine the jalapeños, tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl and toss together. Season the mixture lightly with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
Combine the shrimp and scallop mixture with the vegetables and add the Tabasco sauce and cilantro. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.