- 2 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable or sunflower oil
- A few dashes of hot pepper sesame oil or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 shallots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk the vinegar, agave, and soy sauce together. While whisking, drizzle in the vegetable oil. Add the hot pepper sesame oil to taste and stir in the shallots and cilantro. If you make this in advance, be sure to stir it well before serving.