Sample Dozens of Spirits on a New York Harbor Cruise
Picture this: You head to Hudson River Park, climb aboard a cruise ship, then sail around New York Harbor while sampling spirits, wines, and cocktails from more than 25 distilleries and wineries. Sound good? Then buy your ticket for the Village Voice’s second-annual Holiday Spirits Tasting Event, happening on Thursday, November 20, from 6 – 9 p.m. Hurry, because it’s bound to sell out soon.
Some of the country’s most well-known spirits companies, many of them small and locally based, will be pouring samples of their offerings. Spirits companies on hand will include Cooperstown Distillery, Breuckelen Distilling, Catskill Distilling Company, Death’s Door Spirits, Greenhook Ginsmiths, Scorpion Mezcal, Tuthilltown Spirits, and Widow Jane. As for wine, Ste. Michelle, Brooklyn Winery, and Barefoot Wine & Bubbly will be pouring.
It’s never a good idea to drink (especially straight liquor) on an empty stomach, so complimentary hors d’oeuvres will be passed, and music will be provided by jazz band The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn and by DJ Tim Martell.
Tickets cost $50 for a general admission ticket and $70 for a VIP ticket, which includes a gift bag and access to a VIP lounge with a private bar. Buy yours today!
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas